Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Witching Hour

This is something available for purchase from Sky Mall. Did no one tell them their logo looks like sperm? Seriously? Someone needs a new design firm.

Greetings from Salt Lake City!
So right now it’s about 9pm Rocky Mountain time, which is 11pm Eastern Standard Time, and this lady has been up since 3am, Eastern Standard time. The wireless at the place we’re staying is down, so we’ll be publishing this Wednesday morning, but now is the best time to collect my thoughts, before I forget important details, like the creepy strip club we saw that serves free pizza until 7pm. Mmmm! I’ll take half pepperoni, half onion, and all nekkid ladies all the time!

As aforementioned, it’s been a long day. Our flight was at 6:25am (what idiot would book a flight for that ridiculous hour in the morning? Oh, wait, I did that) so I got up at 3, as the car taking us to the airport was picking me up at 4. Sure enough, Harold and his Lincoln town car were waiting for me when I dragged my sorry ass and my awesome suitcase down my windy stairs into the pitch blackness of a Massachusetts OH GOD WHY IS ANYONE AWAKE NOW morning. Ahem. Anyway, we left to pick up Lizzie, and I’ve had a nasty cold for the past few weeks (and if you haven’t flown while congested I definitely recommend it. It felt like someone had replaced my brain with a body builder crushing a squeaky toy. I couldn’t hear for three hours after landing) so I spent the beginning part of the ride trying not to frighten Harold with my hacking cough, and the middle part employing my spectacular female socialization by not embarrassing him by pointing out that he missed his turn about a million times. We got Lizzie by 4:30, and then went to Logan, flew first to Phoenix, and then to Salt Lake City. On the way to Phoenix, the woman sitting next to me was so quiet that I was worried that she was dead, and then I’d be a news story like “Woman sits next to dead passenger and doesn’t even notice!” so I stared at her pretty intently for a few minutes until she felt creeped out enough to wake up and look back at me. Anyway I’m sort of a hero.I have quite a few pictures already, so I’m going to break down our day into several posts so it’s more manageable. Onward to the Gilgal Garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment