Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Mysteries of Egypt

I feel the need to revisit the inn Lizzie and I stayed in last night. It's apparently for couples, and the inn supplies a little book where you can write messages to future occupants. Most were about doin' it, of course, but this one made me worry about the future of this couple. If you went to the inn for your wedding night, and all you have to say is "good breakfast", then maybe you're doing something wrong, especially since "the breakfast" was a giant scone. Mine and Lizzie's messages were much more entertaining, being completely fabricated. Also, I believe I mentioned that I hit my head on the low ceiling a million times? Well I smashed the crap out of my foot coming out of the toilet-vault this morning, and responded with a string of expletives heretofore unheard of in Utah. This is another reason why I can't understand how people could possibly find this tomb romantic. It is full of dangerous, hurty surfaces which will result in numerous broken bones. But hey, y'know, breakfast.



3 comments:

  1. OMG, good thing you took a picture because words wouldn't do the room justice. Is that the view from the bathroom? --Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, the bathroom is even scarier. I'll show you some pictures when I get back. The acoustics are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe the whole idea is to start out your marriage in the crypt suite, getting all the "till death do us part" stuff out of the way with a little RPG action. Did the bathtub look like a stone crypt coffin without a lid?

    ReplyDelete