Thursday, August 13, 2009

Bliss!




Lizzie would like to offer you some sweet, sweet, Wafflehouse biscuits and gravy? No? You've had your intake of sodium for today? Well, then, aren't you special. So today involved sitting by the pool, which didn't turn out the way I intended. I intended to even out the blotchy burn on the top of my legs with the careful application of sunblock, but 50 spf is apparently not strong enough for the Biloxi sun, so now the backs of my legs are burned, which, I guess, evens things out but when I don't have pants on, it looks like I'm wearing chaps. Too much information? Also, my sunburn has the basket weave pattern of the leaf-shaped chaise I was lounging on. I'll too much information you...
After we recovered from frying in the sun, we drove out to Mobile, Alabama, which is about an hour away from Biloxi. It's the self-proclaimed "red-neck riveria", a title which I'm not completely comfortable with, so I'll just refer to it as the Gulf Coast, still. We had dinner there, and the waitress was so Mom-like that I felt really guilty that I could only eat, I'd say, about 45% of what I'd been given. I was not a member of the clean-plate club, and while my cholesterol and body mass index were grateful, Maggie our server gave us the "you sure you're done" look followed by the "you sure you don't want to take that home" look.
Alabama (well, the parts we saw) was really pretty, and it's hard not to have a big dumb smile on your face while you're on vacation and cruising down the highway in your Topless Maude, singing to Journey at the top of your lungs. We promised several people that we'd have a mint julep whilst in the south, so after we returned from Alabama, we went to the bar in our hotel, and it was "ladies night", a concept which still creeps me out, but which meant we got one free drink, in this case a mint julep. It was divine, as was the band, sort of, which played all disco the first set. I am a big fan of dancing, and though constrained to the limits of our bar stools, Lizzie and I managed to shake our groove thang, shake our groove thang (yeah yeah). Unfortunately, a large number of the other patrons had on what I'd like to refer to as their "bitch faces" , which can't, I'd imagine, have helped the band out any. COME ON, there are people singing and dancing for your entertainment, and this band was not spectacular by any means, but they were fun, so cut the shit and chair dance, damn you! Try to attempt the running man while seated. DO something with your life. Haha.
Speaking of doing something with your life, Lizzie and I are total party animals, and like to be sleeping by midnight, so here we are, back in our room, wrapping things up in Mississippi before we head back out to NOLA tomorrow.
See you there!
(yeah yeah)

No comments:

Post a Comment