Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Made in Manhattan


Kansas State University has a student population of about 28,000, and the campus is really pretty with Limestone buildings and well-kept greens, unlike some other campuses some of us might be familiar with. The student center has a bowling alley. The student center where I went had a dude who played "Rainbow Connection" non-stop on his guitar while you were trying to have lunch with your friends. Erin showed me around her old stomping grounds, and then we had dinner in Aggieville, the district of Manhattan reserved for drinking. There was obviously no dearth of bars, which we hit later, and though the area was quiet on a Tuesday night in the summer, I could almost smell the ghosts of vomiting students past. Drinks were ridiculously cheap, and I got a gin and tonic the size of a keg for $3. There's also something called a car bomb, which Erin and her friends may have occassionally imbibed, which is a shot of Bailey's dropped in a pint of Guinness which went for the low, low price of $2.50. Also, you could do Car Bomb races with fellow bar goers, in which the loser paid for all the drinks. Vomiting is free, though.

2 comments:

  1. I am curious about the joining of English and Counseling Services in the same building. Does that imply that anyone who decides to major in English needs counseling? Wait never mind I think I just answered my own question!
    Dad

    ReplyDelete