Saturday, September 28, 2013

Vieux Montreal has Crepes.


 This statue is called "English Pug/French Poodle."  There is a lot of English vs. French tension and Montreal, and Lizzie and I sort of wondered if this was why everyone was rude to us, but even when we weren't talking 'Merican, people were jerks, so it's a mystery.  I'm pretty decent with French, though, so I was ready to swear at people in their language of choice, should it be required.

We left our hotel around 10 (after watching French Anne of Vert Gables), and walked to the old city part of Montreal.  WITHOUT GETTING LOST!  YAY! We admired the "Mary Queen of the World" cathedral, saw Victoria Square, and stopped for delicious crepes, where I had to ward off a yellow jacket that wanted in on my maple syrup.  (I HATE BEES).  After getting fooded, we continued exploring, eventually wandering to the garden of Chateau Ramezay, drawn in by these gorgeous trees.



No comments:

Post a Comment