Tuesday, December 13, 2011

That's not Kosher

This lady, my friends, was very popular in Vegas (no, not me, though I can see how you'd think that). We got up late-ish on Friday, and then had lunch at a sports bar called Blondies, which had lots of semi-nekkid ladies (who had powerful skillz with double stick tape, holy cow, if you will) and beer taps at the table. We had a round of water and diet coke, which I'm sure was disappointing. After lunch, we went to Cowboy Christmas in the Vegas convention center to see vendors peddling cowboy related merchandise. Erin was in her element, but Danielle, Lizzie and I were taken aback by all the rhinestones. Since I was unable to blog while in Vegas, I made notes to myself so I could share when I got back, and one of my notes is: rhinestones! Rhinestones! RHINESTONES!! Everything had rhinestones, and according to Erin, these flashy belts, which look cheap and tacky (in my humble opinion) cost upwards of $300! Woah. Shows what I know. There was a lot of big hair, big hats, and American flags. I found a lot of furniture for my hunting lodge, and Erin got a rad belt buckle.

On the way back to our hotel, a taxi pulled alongside us at a red light. Lizzie was driving, and Danielle was sitting behind her. A red-faced cowboy leaned out of the cab window, and starting blowing kisses at my sister. Lizzie, being evil, rolled down Danielle's window, and the following exchange happened:

Cowboy (with Okie accent): I jeest saw yew outta the corner o' my eye, and yer so beautiful!
Danielle (uncomfortably, with Boston accent): Thank you.
Cowboy: Yer jeest so beautiful! You a Jew?
Danielle: No...
Cowboy: My Dad's a Jew!
Danielle: ...
Erin (with Kansan accent): Where are you from?
Cowboy: I ceen't tell you that!

End scene!

You think we couldn't have been handed a better opportunity to tease Danielle, but later on that evening, after the rodeo, we were driving to the cowboy after party, and a limo pulled up alongside us. The men inside rolled down the window, and gestured to my fabulous sister to do the same (and if she hadn't, Lizzie would've) and then handed her a glass of champagne. She took it, but for some reason decided not to drink it. What happens in Vegas (backwash) stays in Vegas, but the teasing followed her back home. Happy Chanukah, sis!

No comments:

Post a Comment