Thursday, February 4, 2010

Winter Blahamas!



WOOOOOoooOooOoooo!! Greetings from Nassau. So this year, instead of giving each other the usual kitty-cat Christmas sweaters, Lizzie and I decided to save our time and money for a mid-winter trip somewhere warm. We decided on February, the most depressing month of all, weather-wise, in Boston, to head out to the Bahamas. We of course have an airplane story, but first, a brief comparison of circumstances now at 3:42pm EST, versus 5:30am EST, when I hauled my pasty arse out of my apartment to go pick Lizzie up.

5:30am: Ambient Temperature--20 degrees F. Ground covering--snow Layers of Clothing: 4
3:42 pm: Ambient Temperature--80 degrees F. Ground covering--trees and stuff Layers of Clothing: 1 1/2.

I am currently shoeless (FREEDOM FOR FEET) sitting by our balcony which looks over construction, uh, and the beach depending on how you lean, thinking about how I'm not going to have to whine about how cold it is for three and a half whole days! Think of the energy I'll save in bitching alone, which can be used for much more constructive things, like sighing contentedly.

So that picture, above, is one I took of Lizzie speeding away in our speedboat, which we will later use as an escape vehicle for our international diamond heist, or, alternately, I didn't pack my camera cable and I stole that picture from the internet. God bless the internet.

Pool time!

No comments:

Post a Comment